Ferrari
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ferrari

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Montezemolo not saying no to Alonso - Brawn

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SLIPPERYandWET

SLIPPERYandWET

Montezemolo not saying no to Alonso - Brawn Empty
PostSubject: Montezemolo not saying no to Alonso - Brawn   Montezemolo not saying no to Alonso - Brawn Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 am

Ross Brawn has offered an alternative interpretation of Luca di Montezemolo's recent comments about Fernando Alonso.

Reacting to recent speculation linking the Spanish former double world champion with Ferrari, the Italian team's President said lining up 'a Raikkonen-Alonso double act would mean wanting to damage yourself.'

Montezemolo's comments were construed as a clear signal of no confidence in Alonso, but Honda Team Principal Brawn thinks differently.

"The President's comment was interesting," Brawn, who until 2006 was Ferrari's Technical Director, is quoted as saying by the Spanish newspaper El Pais.

"He didn't say Alonso would never drive for Ferrari; what he said was that it would be illogical to have Fernando and Kimi in the same team," he added.

Reigning world champion and current championship leader Raikkonen's Ferrari contract runs out at the end of 2009, and he is undecided about whether he will sign a new one.

1982 world champion Keke Rosberg said on German television on Sunday that he can imagine the Finn, who is just 28, retiring ahead of the 2010 season.

Brawn continued to El Pais that Montezemolo is right if he thinks managing a team with two superstar drivers would be damaging.

"My experience tells me that is far better to have a very good first driver and a second driver to support him," he explained.

"Just look at F1's history. Senna-Prost: serious problems. Alonso-Hamilton: serious problems. And there is no solution to this sort of thing," the Briton said.

Brawn suggested that, when Honda is able to produce a winning car, he would be happy to recommend Alonso as its lead driver.

"When we reach that level, we will have to have one of the best drivers.

"I am not saying we want Alonso, I am just saying that, currently, there are two or three drivers that are above the level of the rest, and Alonso is one of them."

I still think Alonso is going to Honda.... What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
pinturicchio
Admin
Admin
pinturicchio

PostSubject: Re: Montezemolo not saying no to Alonso - Brawn   Montezemolo not saying no to Alonso - Brawn Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:23 am

I heard something about Kimi retiring after winning his second championship, but I hope it won't be true... even if it is I hope Ferrari will find another pilot, but not Alonso..he is not welcomed at Ferrari..
Back to top Go down
abyPREDATOR
Admin
Admin
abyPREDATOR

PostSubject: Re: Montezemolo not saying no to Alonso - Brawn   Montezemolo not saying no to Alonso - Brawn Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:50 am

pinturicchio wrote:
I heard something about Kimi retiring after winning his second championship, but I hope it won't be true... even if it is I hope Ferrari will find another pilot, but not Alonso..he is not welcomed at Ferrari..

I hope that's not going to happen ...his is to young to retire and he is the most talented pilot in Formula 1 right now . The only driver I would like to see at Ferrari with Kimi except Massa , is Heiki Kovalainen . I would really like to se what thise Italian-Finlandese combination could do .
Back to top Go down
https://ferrari.forumotion.com
jkwaggener

jkwaggener

PostSubject: Re: Montezemolo not saying no to Alonso - Brawn   Montezemolo not saying no to Alonso - Brawn Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 2:00 pm

Please.....................................This is just Ross blowing smoke.
Back to top Go down
https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v286/jkwaggener/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Montezemolo not saying no to Alonso - Brawn   Montezemolo not saying no to Alonso - Brawn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Montezemolo not saying no to Alonso - Brawn
Page 1 of 1